Every week I come across amazing new things happening in the fashion world ranging from new designers, products and services to fabulous style related articles. With my bookmarks bar and Evernote clipper overflowing, I want to share the love! Introducing a new series on In Spades, Fashcap is a fashion recap of things I find noteworthy and inspiring. For the first installment of Fashcap…
1) I thought I had my dream closet until I saw this. At 3,000 square feet, this tri-level wonderland has a champagne bar and is used to host charity fundraisers in addition to being this lucky lady’s everyday space. Jealous doesn’t begin to cover it.
2) Earlier this week I met the lovely Founder of the start-up Tagit, a social registry app that locates products from your favorite TV shows so you can buy them. Loved Gloria’s handbag on the last episode of Modern Family? Tagit’s got you covered (currently only available on iOS).
3) As a self-proclaimed denim obsessive, I was immediately drawn to this company’s philosophy. RE/DUN scourers the globe for the most unique denim patterns and washes and then rips them apart at the seams to be re-sewn into new creations. Talk about a pair of jeans with history and sustainability.
4) I had the pleasure of getting to know this amazing lady last summer at a two-day workshop. She’s a stylist and decorator from Nashville who rocks some serious style. In addition to her incredible story, she’s doing some seriously incredible work (Taylor Swift’s Red album art, for one). Listen to how she got where she is today here.
5) There are certain movies that have introduced products that I’m truly hoping will one day become a reality. Hoverboard, anyone? Metail has brought the Clueless closet to life. Now we can all be like Cher Horowitz and use a computer program to select our outfits for us!