Today kicks off Day 1 of New York Fashion Week! One of the things I quickly learned last season is how important it is to carry the right handbag. A verifiable survival kit, it has to be the right shape and size and go with everything. No small feat.
Thankfully, I found the perfect match.
1) Hand sanitizer – enough said.
2) Kind bars – stopping for a meal doesn’t always happen so I keep these in my bag to help me stay energized.
3) Makeup palette – I love this compact from Dior. Eyes, lips, cheeks, it’s got me covered.
4) Sunglasses – they protect you from UV rays and hide tired eyes.
5) Perfume – for when you can’t get back to the hotel to freshen up.
6) Business cards – lots of networking requires lots of cards.
7) Cell phone
8) Band-Aid Friction Block – one of my favorite inventions ever, rub this on your toes and heels and you’ll never deal with another blister.
9) Mophie battery – because you need a back-up.
10) Lipstick and Chapstick: My two go-to’s – Nu Evolution lipstick in Femme Fatale and my trusty Burt’s Bee’s.
11) Moleskine notebook and pens – to jot down inspirations and notes.