I can’t believe another season is upon us – NYFW is less than 24 hours away! Although I still have outfits to finalize and packing to do, one aspect of my prepping routine has thankfully been underway for the past couple of weeks. When it comes to health and beauty, I make sure to stick to a great exercise routine (gotta build stamina for those long days in heels!), get a facial so my skin is in order, and focus on getting my hair healthy for the week plus of constant heat styling its going to endure.
I’m a longtime fan of Bumble & Bumble products and when they debuted two new treatments in August, I knew the timing for my NYFW prep was perfect. Aimed at “over stylers” like myself, their two new products include a protective repair fluid that can be used daily, and an overnight damage repair masque for more intense repair.
While You Sleep Overnight Damage Repair Masque
Two weeks ago I applied this masque to really kickstart my “get hair healthy” campaign. The crazy part? You apply it on dry hair. I’ve never done that with a masque before so this simple difference immediately intrigued me. After leaving it on overnight, wash out in the morning.
– Smells amazing
– Instantly transformed my hair into that “I just got a haircut” feeling
– Split ends seemed to disappear
– Left my hair petal soft while still maintaining volume and fullness
– Doesn’t leave hair limp and lifeless like most repairing masques
– Works on any type of hair (straight, curly, coarse, over processed, color treated)
– There are honestly zero cons to this product. Check out the reviews on Sephora if you don’t believe me!
Save the Day Daytime Repair Fluid
Once the heavy lifting was done, I started using this after each shampoo/condition. Its milky substance smells just as amazing as the masque and gets applied on the ends of hair to strengthen and repair past damage.
– Lightweight formula that won’t weigh down hair
– Instantly revives frizzy/frayed ends by sealing the follicle
– Contains heat/UV protection perfect for heat styling and time spent outdoors
– Again, I have nothing bad to say about this product! The only thing I can think of is to emphasize that this isn’t a detangler but rather a protective serum. So for those looking to detangle wet hair after shampooing, this will definitely help, but it’s not its primary function.
Beyond getting my hair healthy for NYFW, I also have an arsenal of products I rely on to keep my hair looking its best during the shows. Since my hair is naturally very fine, I gravitate towards products that give me some oomph and volume. Bumble & Bumble’s Surf line is my go-to for giving my hair exactly what it doesn’t have naturally – volume and texture.
The key to great hair is in the preparation. Here is the list of products I’ll be packing in my suitcase for NYFW worthy hair.
Before blow drying, I use their Surf Foam Spray to seal in texture. It’s a great base for my curling wand to be able to “grip” my hair and really does wonders for holding the curl. If you struggle with your hair falling flat 20min after styling like I do, this is the product for you.
After I’ve curled my hair I let it completely cool and then spray Dryspun Finish to seal the look. What I love about this product is that you literally can’t overuse it. No matter how much you spray, it won’t weigh your hair down. It simply gives it a soft fullness. Bonus points for how good it works on day old (or two) hair. Need a little zhoosh? Spray this on your roots and you’re good to go! During NYFW there are definitely mornings where I simply don’t have the energy to touch my hair, so this product is a godsend. I actually carry it in my bag – shhh.
Finally, Bumble & Bumble’s Pre-a-powder is what I need when I want to pull out the big guns of volume. Shake it onto your roots and massage into your scalp for a gritty texture that leaves hair pliable and voluminous. It works especially well when it’s humid outside and every other product seems to fall flat (literally).
Tomorrow we head out for the Big Apple and 7 days of crazy, chaotic inspiration. Be sure to follow along on Instagram for behind the scenes footage, runway coverage and of course, some amazing street style. See you in NY!
Shop the Post